Whether directly or indirectly, most people with thoughts of suicide invite help to stay safe.
safeTALK is a three-hour training that prepares participants to recognize these invitations and connect a person with thoughts of suicide to intervention resources. It is for people ages 15 and older.
Over the course of the training, safeTALK participants will learn:
● Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
● Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
● Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
● Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
● Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
● Participants will receive a certificate of completion